Ijen crater hiking
Day 1 – Bali – Banyuwangi
Pick up at 08.00 in the morning for departure from your hotel. We drive you along the island’s scenic west coast, a slice of the real Bali few tourists see. Stop for photos of some terraced rice fields, rustic villages and surging surf beaches during the two and a half hour drive to Gilimanuk. A short ferry crossing to Java. Upon arrival proceed to your hotel at ketapang village. Check in hotel and have a rest for couple hours.
Day 2 – Banyuwangi – Mt.Ijen – Bali
After an early wake-up call and breakfast, a four-wheel drive vehicle carries you through the rural villages, coffee and clove plantations and then into one of Java’s last rainforests. Humidity, wildlife, giant ferns and big trees cover the slope of the mountain, to arrive at the Park Ranger’s station to begin the 90 minute hike to Ijen Crater, along a shady track with spectacular views. The stunning view is unveiled at 2850 meters altitude. Blue flamed can be seen at this point. After sunrise, The lake eerie color and smoke wafting from bright yellow sulfur deposits create the landscape desolate, barren and vibrantly alive. Watching miners descend into the crater and re-emerge carrying 70 Kg to 90kg of ore on bamboo basket along the treacherous path. Afterward walk down the mountain and drive back to the hotel for shower. Afterward drive to the harbor for ferry crossing to Bali. Tour will be completed with visiting Rambut siwi temple at west coast cliff of bali.
Cost: USD $ 150/person minimum of 2 person
IJEN CRATER HIKING ITINERARY:
- 09.00 Am: Pick up time (depend on your hotel location).
- 12.45 pm: Arrival at Gilimanuk port to get ferry to cross the Bali straight
- 13.45 pm: Arrival Ketapang port
- 14.00 pm: Arrival at your hotel at Ketapang indah Hotel (Rest and easy)
- Over night
- 01:00 am: Begin our journey on 4WD to ranger park at Pal tuding
- 02.00 am: Arrival at Pal tuding
- 02.30 am: Start hiking to ijen crater. can be reach in 3 hours
- 05.30 am: Arrival crater point over looking the blue flame and
- 06.30 am: Descent down to paltuding at ranger park point
- 09.00 am: Back to hotel, Java Coffee plantation can be seen along the back
- 12.00 pm: check out hotel, heading back to Bali
- 17.00 pm: Arrival at your hotel in Bali
- Return transfer by PRIVATE air conditioned car
- Ferry to Java
- 4 Wheel drive Jeep
- Local ranger and hiking guide
- Entrance Fee to Mount Ijen
- Parking fee
- Drinking water
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING :
- Hiking shoes
- Long pants
- Activity Level: Moderate.
- Hiking Duration: 6 hours (up & down)
- Temperature: 8 – 15° Celsius (At the summit).
Bring only what you need, the rest leave them in your hotel.
Some cash for tipping the guide and driver is recommended.
More Adventure tours